[Xfce-i18n] Dutch translation

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Tue Oct 25 22:00:15 CEST 2005

Hoi Benoît,

Benoît LIESSENS schreef:
> Hi folks,
>

> I've been using Xfce for quite some time and even more pleasure... For a
> long time already I've been thinking about helping out some OSS project
> but never really got to that point untill now.
>
> I'm willing to help Xfce development and after a quick browse through
> the i18n pages it seems like the Dutch translation could use some extra
> workforce.
> So anybody out here working on be_NL or nl_NL version that can give me a
> quick intro on how to get started ?

Thanks for the offer. We are currently moving our SVN repository to a
new server, so you'll have to be patient for a little while before you
can get started ;-)

The idea is that http://i18n.xfce.org/ will soon contain explanations of
how to work with translations and SVN.

Daichi Kawahata and Jean-Francois Wauthy are the leaders of the
translation team and I think they have some scripts to make it easier to
  work with SVN. I'll let them answer you about that. Daichi also has a
translation guide, if I'm not mistaken.

I am currently maintaining the Dutch translation, but I'm happy with any
help I can get (there's a couple of other things I need to do as well ;-).

Are you familiar with how translations work with gettext and po-files?
Basically, you have a file, nl.po, that contains all translatable
strings of a program and their translations.

	Jasper