[Xfce-i18n] pt_BR translations update

Adriano Winter Bess awbess at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 23:55:20 CET 2005

Hi,

Attached to this message is patch with updated pt_BR translations for
xfcalendar (orage) and xfce-mcs-manager against trunk branch.

I had a small problem while translating a specific string in
xfcalendar. Before reporting this to the developer, I would like to
know if there's anything that I, as a translator, can do. The following
string was extracted from xfcalendar sources:

#: ../src/appointment.c:859 ../src/appointment.c:860
msgid "None"
msgstr ""

As you can see, this string is present both at lines 859 and 860 in
file appointment.c, so it was extracted only once for translation. The
problem is that, in brazilian portuguese, in the context that this
string appears in line 859 it must be translated as "Nenhuma" and in
the context that it appears in line 860 is must be translated as
"Nenhum". So, what I wanted is that these two strings, besides being
identical, were extracted separately so I could translate them
separately too. Is this possible?

Regards,
Adriano
--