[Xfce-i18n] Mongolian translator

Rimas Kudelis rq at akl.lt
Fri Nov 18 10:19:11 CET 2005

Hi again,

> >> I'm from Mongolia, land of Chingis Khaan and Gobi. My name is
> >> Dulmandakh. So I want to become XFCE mongolian translator and
> >> commiter. Any requirements? What I should do to be translator?
> >>

> > No special requirements are set. You may want to start by reading
> > http://i18n.xfce.org/, which contains some info on how to start
> > helping the project. In case any questions arise, you may contact this
> > list. Btw, I hope you've already subscribed to it, have you? ;)
> >
> > Team:
> > I think we could and should extend the information for translation
> > newbies page, add links to required software, describe the translation
> > process itself etc. What's your opinion? :)
> >
> > Rimas "RQ" Kudelis,
> > Lithuanian translator
> >
> In GNOME and KDE, there is only person or group responsible for specific
> locale. How I can become Mongolian language maintainer and translator?
> Any requirements?

Everything you have to do, is written on the
http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/new_translators wikipage. I suppose, you've
done all that already.

Now you just may just write an official announcement "I want to be the
Mongolian translation maintainer, and then start translating (i hope you
know how to work with .po/.pot files), and then, when something is done,
send the files to the list. Later, you'll be able to get SVN commit access,
if you'll still be interested in maintaining your translation. :)

I hope this explanation is clear enough.

regards,

RQ