[Xfce-i18n] Estonia / Estonie

Ambrose Li acli at ada.dhs.org
Sun May 8 22:56:40 CEST 2005

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 06:19:56PM +0200, Jean-François Wauthy wrote:

> there is a Estonian translator because the ISO639 code for Estonia is ET
> (don't know why the TLD is EE BTW), this translator is Peeter Vois
> <peeter.vois at proekspert.ee>; pve, you can contact him and see if you can
> coordinate your efforts; if Peeter doesn't answer contact me offlist.

The TLD is EE because it's the ISO3166 (country) code for Estonia.
The list of ccTLD's corresponds to ISO3166 except for .uk which
should have been .gb but is .uk due to a historical reason.

ET is not the ISO639 code for Estonia; it's the ISO 639 code for
Estonian (the language, not the country).

Regards,
Ambrose