[Xfce-i18n] Panel contents translations

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Mon Mar 7 15:34:35 CET 2005

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 03:03:42PM +0100, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Hello translators/developers,
>
> I changed xfce4-panel to use intltool for the contents.xml file as well.
> This breaks all existing translations, as there was no easy way for me
> to extract and merge the existing translations. I left the
> contents.xml.<lang> files in CVS for now, so you can smoothly merge them
> with your .po files. This only affects HEAD for now.

Personally I would advice against trying to follow string changes in HEAD at
the moment. I expect major changes to happen in the coming weeks, so there are
no guarantees. I also expect the default configuration to change for 4.4.

> In general, this means that the panel installs only one contents.xml
> file now, not one per language, which makes handling easier for
> translators and developers.

Yay, all translations in the po file. Hopefully we can move all translated
files to use gettext.

> Jasper, I did not change touch your new launcher, but only item.c. But
> as you can see that change to item.c was rather trivial, so you can
> easily port it to your new launcher as well. In addition, you should
> change the function that looks up the contents.xml to not look for
> contents.xml.<lang> files any more, so people upgrading from source will
> get the new contents.

Sure, thanks.

> Happy breakage,

No problem ;-)