[Xfce-i18n] Re: Japanese translation for desktop files

Daichi Kawahata daichi.k at aioros.ocn.ne.jp
Sat Mar 5 15:42:54 CET 2005

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 21:14:09 +0900
Daichi Kawahata wrote:

> Okay, I'm making a diff patch now, please keep it pending.

Just finished, I don't know what kind of patch is preferred though.
Also, I've come across something odd in the language Finnish, both
of strings seems to be same, but diff says those different, hmm...

In this patch, I had

    o Correction typo. (in Romanian, Nume -> Name)
    o Re-ordering alphabetically in each fields
    o Removing trailer space (but it might translator's intention)

Then, I have a suggestion concerned with desktop files in 4.2, that
as well as PO files, Desktop files would have own virtual module
'desktop_files' or the like, and statistics in the web.

As far as HEAD is concerned, I'd recommend Desktop files will be
treated via intltool, that makes maintenance of those files more
easier/reasonable in my opinion, I'm raising this issue in the
xfce4-dev though.

PS. If you want separated patch or it doesn't work, tell me feel
free. I'll re-create those.

Daichi