[Xfce-i18n] How to get Scandinavian letters?

Jean-François Wauthy pollux at xfce.org
Mon Jan 10 09:00:51 CET 2005

Le lundi 10 janvier 2005 à 01:51 +0000, Magnus Berg a écrit :
> Wow Poedit makes me feel like a real translator. :-)
> The schedule tells me that I will aim at Xfce 4.2.1 and my question
> now is if I shall use the HEAD and 4.2 branches for that, or will
> there be new ones for 4.2.1?
Strings are freezed in the xfce_4_2 branch, HEAD is the place where 4.4
will be developped; so use the xfce_4_2 branch. If you send updated
translations before 12:00 CET today, they will be committed for 4.2.0
otherwise they will have to wait for 4.2.1.

>  And then should I use the sv.po files in first case and the POT-files
> if there is no sv.po files around?
Yes normally an update-po has been run so the existing sv.po files
contain all the translatable strings otherwise copy the .pot file to
sv.po and edit it.
> (I have looked at the GNU Gettext manual and the Swedish Translators
> site but I'm still locking for a good manual in the noble art of
> translating software, with in first case Xfce in mind, all tips are
> welcome.)

sorry no idea