[Xfce-i18n] Polish translaotion update

Jean-François Wauthy pollux at xfce.org
Sat Apr 9 13:50:52 CEST 2005

Le samedi 09 avril 2005 à 12:43 +0200, Robert Kurowski a écrit :
> On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 09:55:24 +0300
> Jari Rahkonen <jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi> wrote:
>
> > There's no need for tutorials in multiple languages anyway. What
> > good is a translator who doesn't understand english? :)
> >
> > If you ever do put up this translation howto, it would be a great
> > idea to include small language specific sections for info like links
> > to l10n dictionaries and such though. The page doesn't have to be a
> > wiki if (we) the translators provide the needed links and stuff for
> > you.
>
> Well, I was thinking about some language specific tutorials for other
> people like me. I'm not the only one who translated something to Polish.
> And probably there're more people willing to help. Talking of tutorial I
> mean a guide for e.g. Polsih translators why translate sth to sth and
> why avoid some translations witch are also acceptable. I don't know how
> it's in other languages but in Polsih there's sometimes 3-4 words that
> can be used. It's confusing and for unification it's good to know what
> is good and prefferable.

all that can be done in the ML, if something comes regularly it worths
to be mentionned on the webpage. We'll start like that if the webpage
isn't enough we'll investigate other ways

> Ohh, btw ... when xfce_4_2 branch will be updated we can expect release,
> right?

yes but changes in xfce_4_2 branch are mainly bugfixes, we should
release in the next weeks but it's up to Olivier to decide.

--
Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org>