[Xfce-i18n] more than just .po files to translate

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Sep 22 09:25:37 CEST 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 12:17:28AM -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> hi translators-
>
> i just want to point out that there are more things than just .po files
> that need translating.  some modules also have a docs/ directory (ignore
> the libraries, as they use gtk-doc, which isn't i18n-able).  you can
> check these out of CVS using:
> $ cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.xfce.org:/cvsroot/xfce co docs

I don't think the docs are anywhere near up-to-date, are they? This can be a
problem.

> there are also other files in the translations module that also need
> translating:

Frankly, this sucks. We really should be using intltool to extract
translations to the po files. Po-files and documentation should be the only
thing a translator needs to look at. This won't be an easy fix I think, so
we'd have to do that for 4.4, I guess.

I know this doesn't help translators now, but I thought I'd mention it anyway,

	Jasper