[Xfce-i18n] Desktop files

Brian J. Tarricone kelnos at xfce.org
Tue Dec 14 09:41:37 CET 2004

that sounds like a server-side issue.  auke, could you look into this
(see error in quote below)?

at any rate, the procedure you outlined below won't work in the case
that the file in *our* CVS has been updated since you last checked it
out.  in that case your diff file will include changes that *remove* any
translations added since you checked it out.  what you actually want to
do is first check out the file from *our* CVS, update it, send that file
to the list, then check that into *your* CVS.  *never* update *before*
copying your own file in.  you need to copy your file in and *then*
update, so any changes to *our* CVS get merged into your copy.
otherwise, as i said, you may accidentally create a patch that reverts
stuff from our repository.

    -brian