[Xfce-foundation] Selling T-Shirts at conferences starting with OpenRheinRuhr

Raphael Groner raphgro at web.de
Mon Nov 28 14:12:41 CET 2011

Hi Christian,

I've seen the t-shirt offer at the Xfce booth for OpenRheinRuhr and thought about buying one.

The price of 20 € seemed to much to invest for me.

People are paying a lot money for travelling and accomodation arrangements and spending time to help such great open source projects like Xfce and others are. Thanks a lot for that.

My comment here shouldn't be any critism, but when those people arrive at an event for projects that live mostly from their people's contributions, me and others wouldn't want to feel to be arrived at a bazar or shopping center.
Such open and free communities live from the people in them. Sharing information and knowledge is much more worth than just money.

Besides the above, a real contribution of 2,60 € to the sponsored project is not much, compared to the high price of 20 € (ca. 7,7%).

Although, I would like to know if it would be possible to get the Xfce logo also printed on other gimmicks like bags (for notebook) or pencils. Any other ideas for new merchandise articles are welcome. But please, the topic t-shirt is old-school. :)

Greets from an Xfce fan,
Raphael