[Xfce-foundation] Selling T-Shirts at conferences starting with OpenRheinRuhr

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Thu Nov 24 01:43:19 CET 2011

Hejsan,

so since people on conferences mentioned interest in buying t-shirts, I
took the initiative. For OpenRheinRuhr[1] in Oberhausen, Germany I
ordered Xfce t-shirts printed by SpreadShirt[2]. We managed to sell 1
t-shirt, with a donation included. I consider this a test run basically.
I expect a greater interest at Chemnitzer Linuxtage[3].

One point to be sorted out is handling of the donation. One t-shirt at
the moment is 17.40€ plus 2.60€ donation. So I'm sitting on 2.60€ for
the foundation right now.

Another point is ordering a sensible amount. I ordered 9 t-shirts this
time. For higher volumes especially it would be nice if the foundation
could cover the costs, costs would sink and the donation could possibly
be a bigger part of the price, or at least people would pay less while
achieving the same donation value.

I was talking to Kernel Concepts[4]. They notably produce Debian
t-shirts. They can reach a price around 10€ or even less per t-shirt.
And if we can order a larger amount, I have other good recommendations
based in Wuppertal and Berlin with similar pricing.

ciao,
     Christian

[1] http://www.openrheinruhr.de/
[2] http://www.spreadshirt.net/