bug or not???

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Wed Feb 9 09:11:49 CET 2005

no clue about whether this is a mis-design or on which side ... but
whenever I have xfdesktop running and I start nautilus (either
inadvertently because in firefox I click on something that will try to
open the file system in an external application or just straight from an
icon), my xfdesktop dies and my background/desktop is taken over.

I would think that this is a bug to me, nautilus should not replace the
desktop as it is already served and just do it's normal window thingy.
However, I suspect that xfdekstop has something to do with this.

Can you guys shine your light on this? If this is a nautilus bug I'm
gonna bug the sh*t out of those GNOMEs... ;^)

sofar