xffm-deskview

Roberto -MadBob- Guido bob4mail at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 18:16:45 CEST 2005

Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:
> When you tick and untick the "show image" button at desktop settings,
> xffm-deskview notices that the Pixmap has changed and updates
> accordingly (here the X property _XSETROOT_ID is used).

Ehm... Sorry if I'm OT, but in those days I'm just going crazy trying to
understand how XFCE can show always the same desktop also when workspace is
switched: working around a XFCE "fork" I have touched some piece of code, and I
can't return to the original situation (maintaining other changing...).

The main window of desktop have type == "_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DESKTOP", but when
I switch workspace the window manager hide all windows *included* the desktop
window! I recognize I've do some changes to the STICKY properties of windows (in
short: I've removed it): the problem can be due this bad manipulation? Or: have
you other suggestions about potential causes of the problem?

Thanks for help (and sorry for OT).

--
   / __ \  /  \/  /\/ ____/\   http://madbob.homelinux.com