xffm-deskview

Mr Machine machinehasnoagenda at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 11:25:53 CEST 2005

sorry for all these questions (i'm writing an xfce how-to for some
friends whom i've xfce'd, in preparation for the next release) ...

was hoping someone could clear up a few queries about xffm-deskview (and
most recent kid on the block, xffm-desktop) ... i read from the dev-blog
that there was some screwiness with setting the background with
xffm-deskview. apparently it will grab it only when it has been set
*after* deskview starts. i've tried this with xsetbg, but no go ... if
however i kill xffm-deskview, start xfdesktop, then restart
xffm-deskview, open "desktop settings", tick and untick the "show image"
button, i get xffm-deskview plus my background. but then if i save the
session on exit, it don't give me the same setup on logging in (i have
to basically go through the above steps again). is there a better way to
do this, or is this still being worked on?

shayne