Patch to permit always transparent

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Nov 10 08:16:05 CET 2004

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Ale wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I've write a small patch that add a checkbox on panel dialog that permit
>> to to the panel to remain always transparent even if is set as
>> autohide or when mouse is over...
>>
>> This patch is from today cvs snapshot.
>>
>> Some days ago, i've send a very ugly patch directly to jasper, i hope
>> this is a better one :P
>>
>> thks for your good work
>

> Seems you forgot the patch ;-)

Also, if the patch is against one of the beta releases, it is probably
outdated for CVS. Panel transparency is removed when the mouse is over
the panel, so the only thing you can change is whether the hidden panel
(3px bar) is transparent. I don't think that is worth an option.

You could argue that the hidden panel should be transparent. I have no
strong opinion about that, actually.

	Jasper