Panel plugin autodetecting

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Fri Apr 23 14:25:50 CEST 2004

Scott Barron wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I did some messing around tonight and added the capability for the panel
> to find newly installed plugins without having to be restarted.  It's a
> pretty trivial patch, but I've just started looking through xfce so the
> developers should look it over and make sure I'm not missing something.
> The patch also handles the plugin being uninstalled, it will not show it
> in the "Add new item" dialog.  I had to add the path to the ControlInfo
> struct because I wasn't sure if I was otherwise able to get the path
> using ControlInfo.  At any rate, any thoughts or comments on the patch
> are appreciated.

Ok, I added the functionality to CVS although not entirely based on your
patch. There's no need to let all the info spill to
add-control-dialog.c. The checks can more easily be performed in the
function that generates the list. I also added a check that removes
uninstalled plugins.

Please test to see if it works for you and doesn't do anything bad.

Thanks a lot,

	Jasper