Idea about extended menus

Peeter Vois Peeter.Vois at mail.ee
Sat Mar 30 08:43:41 CET 2002

> first level:         when you click on <submenu link>:
>                      (this is the same menu with different items)
>                           +--------------+
>  +--------------+         | * subitem 3  | click
>  | *  item 3    |  click  !<submenu link>! -----> (and so on...)
>  |<submenu link>|  -----> | * subitem 2  |
>  | *  item 2    |         | * subitem 1  |
>  | *  item 1    |  <----- |<"back" link> |
> -----/\-----------  click -----/\-------------
>    +----+                    +----+
>    ! i  !                    ! i  !
>    !  i ! XFCE Panel         !  i ! XFCE Panel
>    +----+                    +----+
> ------------------        --------------------
>
> I can try to prepare some "proof of the concept" code...
>
> What do you think?

I like this! This could be easier to make too than by idea was. My idea
will require changes in the way how new items will be added to panel -
this will probably not I think so. This way the submenu can have more
space than my idea would have. Only fallback I see now by this idea is
that it is little less attractive for dumb user than my idea was. But
while XFCE is meant to be small and fast and I need such thing I like this
idea more.

Best Regards ...

      Peeter Vois
http://my.tele2.ee/vois