XFce look and feel (was: Re: Idea about extended menus)

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sat Mar 30 00:29:14 CET 2002

On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 13:30, Dmitry DELTA Malykhanov wrote:

> CDE-like icon box? That could be a solution. Like I used to say: there
> is nothing wrong with keeping XFCE as close to CDE as possible, because
> CDE is probably the best desktop environment ever (in terms of usability).

	FWLIW, I have always been for keeping XFce as close to CDE as possible
WRT look 'n' feel.  One of the original reasons I was drawn to XFce was
that is was very much like CDE only better.  I'd really like to keep
XFce from falling into the trap that GNOME and KDE have with trying to
look like Win9x.

	There's something kinda interesting about user interfaces that I've
noticed lately...  Mac OS X is really making great waves and people are
all gaga over the GUI.  If you've ever seen OS X you might see that it's
dock is quite CDE like in its general design.

--
Using Linux since 11/91		|		http://www.linux.org
Linux user #29402		|		http://counter.li.org