Idea about extended menus

Dmitry DELTA Malykhanov d726f6e at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Mar 28 18:35:31 CET 2002

Hi,

I'm not Joe, but I don't like this idea. :) I mean there is nothing really
bad with this, but it will affect the usability. Just look: right now,
you can reach _any_ item, available on the XFCE panel with (maximum) two
clicks. So it's either "click" or "click, move mouse, and click". But with
the sub-menus that would be "click, move mouse, click, move mouse, click"
(and so on for sub-sub...-sun-menus).

Or another example, do you remember, that you can drag&drop files on the
panel? Dragging and dropping files to the sub-menus (and even
sub-sub-menus)  will be to cumbersome. That would be "click, move mouse,
click, then drag&drop" instead of "drag&drop" or "click and drag&drop".

Besides, how many applications do you use, so you can't put all icons into
the "regular" panel? The typical panel gives you 8 icons/popups. You can
have 3..5 items in each popup menu. Overall that would be 24..40 app
icons. I guess it's enough for everybody. The panel isn't a place, where
you supposed to have icons for all available application, it's the place
where you keep the icons for you favorite (frequently used) applications.

What do you think?

Thanks.

--
It's me -- Delta at SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.lonestar.org

"I don't advise it, citizen, mn-e-eh... I don't advise it. You'll be eaten."