Anybody interested in joining xfwm 4 devel ?

Edscott Wilson García edscott at imp.mx
Wed Mar 27 00:10:33 CET 2002

On Vie 22 Mar 2002 13:05, Joe Klemmer wrote:

> 	FWIW, I want to let everyone know that I am going to be taking the
> position of questioning every change/feature I can.  Not in a negative
> way and certainly not to try and discourage ideas and features.  My aim
> is more to try and keep focus on functionality rather than features.
> Features are good but I would rather see XFce not have XYZ capability if
> it will keep it small & fast & easy & CDE'ish.

Now here's a change/feature. GTK 2 comes with a bunch of "stock" icons for
common dialogs and icons and buttons. If I recall well, I believe Jasper
suggested using them and someone said it was a good idea. I ported the xftree
dialogs (will put them at SF xfce-devel tonite) and used the "stock" pixmaps
instead of the old ones (the old ones are the head siloute with question mark
or exclamation mark). The old ones look more CDE, but the new ones are also
nice. Any thoughts on which "stock" items to adopt and which to override?

Edscott