Anybody interested in joining xfwm 4 devel ?

Jasper Huijsmans j.b.huijsmans at hetnet.nl
Fri Mar 22 13:49:35 CET 2002

Yes, placing suggestions on SF could be useful. Alternatively we could
agree to use [XFCE4] in the subject of our mails on this subject. That
should make it easy enough to find the messages again.

A list of goals would be nice and it would be nice to know who is working
on which part. This may be a little difficult, though.

My skills are limited, but at least I can do GTK2 reasonably well. I could
do some of the convenience library stuff (if we want this), like file
dialogs and running programs with error reporting. I did some for the
utilities I ported. Maybe I have to make them a little more general.

I can also do documentation. I propose to make the switch to xml  to be
compatible with KDE and GNOME. I converted the current docs some time ago,
but that might not be too useful now. Maybe I could make a document on how
to make and process xml documentation and make a template for xfce docs or
something. I'd like to use scrollkeeper to have xfce docs listed in the
help browsers of GNOME and KDE.

Maybe we could make a list of small tasks for people to implement according
to their skills and interests.

Olivier, Edscott, Guido, you seem to be the most skilled and/or experienced
programmers (and Alan of course, but I assume you don't have time to get
involved with all this) so I guess it might be up to you to come up with
The Right Design for xfce4 and maybe even the splitting of the work. Sorry,
for the name dropping and I hope nobody feels offended, but your ideas and
suggestions might just carry a little more weight than my own babbling.

         Jasper