gtk2 rpms

Edscott Wilson García edscott at imp.mx
Thu Mar 21 17:47:48 CET 2002

On Jue 21 Mar 2002 10:03, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> Ideally all configuration should be done graphically (or be possible to do
> graphically).

That would score big. Also the ability to have several configurations to
choose from would be good. That way there would be no conflicts when you
sincronize your laptop with your pc, as you could choose which configuration
to use. Maybe this would work with a xdm engineered for xfce (something like
what kde does with plain old xdm).

> I don't know how difficult it would be to translate current config file
> format to xml and whether we want to keep the current pipe communication
> between xfwm and modules.

I don't know almost anything about xml, but my guess is that programs could
use the xml file to create the graphic windows for configuration. Thus
changes in the xml template would automatically change the configuration
dialogs without need for recompiling. And then again I might  8-&  <-- me
with my foot in my mouth.

Edscott

BTW, it looks like rawhide has yet to release the pango-1.0 rpm, or at least
its not at the mirror site at imp.