Some questions regarding GTK2 migration

Jasper Huijsmans j.b.huijsmans at hetnet.nl
Wed Mar 6 20:55:40 CET 2002

Hi all, especially Olivier,

I was playing a bit with GTK2 to make myself familiar with it and in
the process I have not only made a gtk2 version of xfumed (already in
CVS xfce-devel, big rewrite, looks nice I think), but also have a
working version of xfrun and xfmouse, mostly based on old code.

First of all, are you interested at the moment in ported utilities?
And secondly, if you are, where shall I put them? I can think of three
things:
CVS xfce-devel directory replacing old code
CVS new directory (xfce4 ?)
some personal website, accessible for all to review

And while I'm at it I'll ask another question on a more aesthetic
matter. I have been using GTK_STOCK items where possible. While this
does give a consistent look I don't know if it's the look we want.
Does anyone have any opinions on this? The alternative would be to
choose or even make (not me :-) our own set of standard icons.

greetings,
	Jasper