CVS xftree crashing...

Stephane Paltani spaltani at head-cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 19 16:13:47 CEST 2002

Hi Edscott,

edscott wilson garcia wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 11:45, Stephane Paltani wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Am I the only one unable to run the current CVS
> > (downloaded yesterday) xftree?
> > It creates the window and sigsev immediately after.

> > I guess xftree should fail for everybody, so why am I the only one
> > to complain ? ;-)
>
> It seems that neither xftree_gui.c nor libs/xfce-commonc.c have changed
> at the CVS since 3.8.16. Do you have the same trouble with 3.8.16?

Yes, same with 3.8.16. I jumped from 3.8.14c to CVS, and just before that
I upgraded gtk+/glib from 1.2.8 (I think) to 1.2.10. Could it that
1.2.10 does not accept a NULL parameter anymore? Another thing is that
I am on a Solaris 8 Ultra. I wanted to try on my linux laptop yesterday night,
but I forgot; sorry! I'll check that tonight. (My favourite file manager
is called "tcsh"!, so I never tried "xftree" since my last upgrade).

Stephane