Can we release 3.8.18?

Jasper Huijsmans huysmans at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 25 13:56:01 CEST 2002

At 10:57 AM 7/24/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I was wondering (while trying to find an excuse not to work) if there is
>anything holding us back to do a release with the new taskbar code. It's a
>real nice addition and many people seem to use it already.
>
>Are there any known problems or missing features that would prevent us to do
>a release? Personally I have no idea, because I run xfwm4/xfce4 exclusively
>now.
>
>Any opinions?
>
>greetings,
>         Jasper

Is it the holiday season or what? Two responses in to days to a request for
release is not a sign of vitality for a project.

I guess lack of time is a valid reason for not doing a release. I certainly
can't blame anyone, since I have no time at all and haven't done anything on
xfce-stable in months.

Still I think it would be a good idea to get the taskbar-enabled xfce
released. Maybe we just need more developers? There don't seem to be any
show-stopping bugs. Joe's problem with the gtkrc file looks like an easy fix
(but somebody will have to fix it of course).

Alternatively somebody could port the taskbar to xfce4, turn my xfce4 code
into something releasable and we do an "XFce Desktop Environment XP Beta 1"
release soon. But I guess that is wishfull thinking.

Jasper