Can we release 3.8.18?

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Wed Jul 24 13:47:43 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 04:57, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> I was wondering (while trying to find an excuse not to work) if there is
> anything holding us back to do a release with the new taskbar code. It's a
> real nice addition and many people seem to use it already.
>
> Are there any known problems or missing features that would prevent us to do
> a release? Personally I have no idea, because I run xfwm4/xfce4 exclusively
> now.
>
> Any opinions?

	I posted this very question a little while ago and also posted what
might be a very minor bug.  The bug is that whenever an app ends and
it's window closes the subprocess diagnostic window pops up with -

/home/klemmerj/.gtkrc:231: error: invalid string constant
"xfcebar_taskbar4", expected valid string constant

This doesn't seem to actually hurt anything.  I commented the line
(#231) out of my ~/.gtkrc and the message goes away, obviously.  This is
happening with  Edscott's daily rpm build of CVS, specifically the one
built on 7/17.  I have not tried any of the newer ones yet.

	On a side note...  I know sometimes I'm paranoid, and I make allowances
for it, but lately I am feeling a little more so.  I have posted
messages in the XFce lists and to Olivier directly but it seems like
either they aren't being seen or they are, let's say being given a lower
priority.  Hopefully I haven't honked anyone off, especially Olivier.
If I did I didn't mean to, honest.  For the record, should I ever say or
do something to offend or hurt and anger anyone please let me know.
There's a very good chance that I haven't the slightest clue what I
did.  And I know from experience that subtle (and blatant) hints don't
work well with me.  Just come out and tell me, off list OC.

<END OF PSYCHOTIC BABBLING>

--
Attention all planets of the Solar Federation.
We have assumed control.