xfpager, and general observations

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Mon Aug 19 06:32:46 CEST 2002

Dmitry DELTA Malykhanov <d726f6e at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG> writes:

> OK, it's pretty clear, why it doesn't work. xfpager actually looking for
> the string "*%s.geometry", where %s is argv[0]. Of course, in my example
> argv[0] is "xfpager.bin" and xfwm sends the line "*xfpager.geometry".
>
> Harry, could you please add one more line to the code, dumping incoming
> commands to the file (just next to the existing fprintf statement):
>
> fprintf(log, "MyName = %s\n", MyName);
>
> use this modified binary and post output here.

Not sure how you expect xfwmrc to be setup so I post first everthing
from xfwmrc about xfpager

  Style "xfpager"         Sticky
  *xfpager.geometry 170x120+1141+1050
  # [HP 08/17/02 17:42  Changing the font seems to have no effect]
  *xfpager.font 9x15

Also palette/Startup/xfpager is checked [x]

On a startup of xfwm this is reported to log.

cat XFPAGER.LOG
  ClickTime 300
  MyName = xfpager