[Xfce-apps] proposition of framework

samuel verstraete samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 08:57:29 CET 2005

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 22:24:39 +0100, Benedikt Meurer
<benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
> Auke Kok wrote:

> >> Currently, we have Xfmedia, Terminal and a few panel plugins.
> >
> > mousepad!
>
> Ah, right.
>
> And we should probably add the goodies here as well. Tho, in separate
> categories: "applications" and "panel plugins".
>
> > sofar
>
> Benedikt

ok then i have

art
applications
(panel) plugins

Are you sure that there will remain enough difference between plugins
and applications? For my part plug ins have always had a kind of
negative feeling (like in minor).
And we'll concentrate on xfce only (so rox will be ignored)

Shall i take the framework of KDE-apps.org for the division of applications?
Office
Multimedia
Graphic
Network
Printing
Text Editors
Education
Games
Development
Administration
Scientific
Security
Utilities

It seems a little huge in my point of view... Although the extra
effort is limited (i can make as many subdivision as we would like)
it's also a little bit strange and non-attractive to see empty
categories.

Second thing i wondered is if you guys would like to keep a consistent
look with www.xfce.org . Off course i keeps things nicely together but
it makes it more interesting for us (me and a mate of mine) if we are
free in this matter... (i would keep it simple and clear so don't
expect a dark cluttered website but ... )

Sofar, i contacted you on irc for the server side of things... do you
read this stuff or was it a worthless effort?

gr,