[Xfce-apps] directory.xfce.org questions

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Thu Apr 7 02:24:42 CEST 2005

I'm joining the discussion; I tried doing so on the forum but figured
I'd track it better this way.  Here's my post from the forum:

Glad to see this getting off the ground. I see a lot of people asking
this in #xfce on Freenode and here on the forum. A few suggestions:
1. For Jasper's thread on icon themes (IIRC, it's also on his website),
could we add a link to third-party icon themes' websites? (If they
happen to be only on another theme site, could we offer them hosting on
directory.xfce.org?)

2. I think there should be a separate page for icon, GTK, and WM themes.
How about another page with metathemes, so that any user that wants a
consistent interface can pick from a (much?) shorter list?

3. What criteria are you going to use for picking what goes on the site?
For icon themes and GTK themes, Gnome's themes are the same as Xfce's so
we'd have to be creative there....

Sorry if I've missed discussion on these things already. :P

Cheers folks,
Andrew