ANNOUNCE: xfburn 0.5.0 released

David Mohr squisher at xfce.org
Thu Feb 20 18:31:22 CET 2014

xfburn 0.5.0 is now available for download from

  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/xfburn/0.5/xfburn-0.5.0.tar.bz2
  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/xfburn/0.5/xfburn-0.5.0.tar.bz2.md5
  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/xfburn/0.5/xfburn-0.5.0.tar.bz2.sha1
  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/xfburn/0.5/xfburn-0.5.0.tar.bz2.sha256

What is xfburn?
===============

A simple CD/DVD burning application which supports erasing, formatting
of discs; burning of iso images, audio, and data compositions.

Website:
  http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/xfburn

Release notes for 0.5.0
=======================
I'm pleased to announce the zombie version 0.5.0 of xfburn (it's back
from the dead, but not quite alive).

There have been a bunch of fixes in git for a while (including a shiny
new icon) which you can now finally enjoy in an official release!

The quick summary: Updates to the underlying libraries (use gio,
libxfce4ui), new icon, remove the file browser by default, and many
smaller bugfixes. No new features, but I bumped the minor version anyway
because of the gio update.

A bunch of the major patches have already been included by most distro
maintainers. I would like to specially thank them for keeping xfburn on
live support.

Many people contributed patches to this release. Thank you, it wouldn't
have been possible without you.

Last but not least, I'd like to thank the couple of people that kept
coming back and asking me to finally make a release.

~David