ANNOUNCE: xfce4-notifyd 0.2.3 released
jeromeg at xfce.org
Sun Apr 21 10:59:48 CEST 2013
xfce4-notifyd 0.2.3 is now available for download from
SHA1 checksum: d71ec8a8f703a4c2b49f8808187ca425e5252bd1
MD5 checksum: 97c02482f96211251a420d12c34dda3d
What is xfce4-notifyd?
Xfce4-notifyd is a simple, visually-appealing notification daemon for
Xfce that implements the Freedesktop.org Desktop Notifications
Release notes for 0.2.3
I'm glad to announce this new release of xfce4-notifyd which ships
mostly bug fixes and code cleanups. Theming has also been improved with
additional style properties and drawing fixes.
Thanks a lot to all the persons who contributed to this release and kept
me motivated! This is the result of your work!
Xfce4-notifyd themes may need to be updated to take advantage of the new
style properties and to adapt to the theming changes. Sorry for the
== FULL CHANGELOG ==
libnotify is now required as a dependency to build a test suite and to
show improved notification previews.
* Add a category to the settings dialog for Xfce4 Settings Manager.
* Add widget names to summary ("summary") and body ("body") widgets
to allow easier theming. Remove the redundant / buggy summary-bold style
property (bug #8431).
Themes will have to be updated accordingly.
* Fix notifications not disappearing after clicking an action
* Handle timeout correctly when smaller than fading time (bug
* Avoid flickering of the notifications.
* Accept uri of images in icon_name parameter.
* Parse body with g_markup_escape_text which allows us to handle
span attributes misused by some clients and to parse strings with
"unusual" characters such as & (bug #7773, #8187).
* Respect border-width when drawing the notification (bug #9475).
* Do not kill notification daemon to apply new theme. Instead,
handle style updates of existing notifications.
* Show a button in the notification preview (bug #9982).
* Add an icon to the notification preview.
Updated translations: Arabic, Basque, Brazilian, Bulgarian, Castilian,
Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Croatian, Danish, English, Finnish,
Flemish, French, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh,
Korean, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian,
Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uyghur and Valencian.
More information about the Xfce-announce