ANNOUNCE: tumbler 0.1.26 released
nick at xfce.org
Sun Dec 9 18:41:48 CET 2012
tumbler 0.1.26 is now available for download from
SHA1 checksum: cbc0e93330687d4cf4aaee6de722a1b923bf0a0e
MD5 checksum: 874621e7820b3bfe0e8ab66d17f1dc31
What is tumbler?
Tumbler is a D-Bus service for applications to request thumbnails for
various URI schemes and MIME types. It is an implementation of the
thumbnail management D-Bus specification described on
written in an object-oriented fashion using GLib and GObject. Its
modular architecture makes it very flexible and useful in many
situations. It provides plugin interfaces for extending the URI schemes
and MIME types for which thumbnails can be generated as well as
for replacing the storage backend that is used to store the thumbnails
on disk. Tumbler's functionality can also be extended via specialized
thumbnailer services implemented in accordance to the thumbnail
management D-Bus specification.
Tumbler is used in Thunar, Xfce and MeeGo.
Release notes for 0.1.26
For the gstreamer plugin Tumbler now relies on the gstreamer-1.0 API.
- Remove INSTALL
- Directly render the capture in the correct size.
- New gstreamer thumbnailer based on totem-thumbnailer.
- Disable http and cdda schemes as well.
- Add support for MPEG2 transport streams (bug #7421).
- Rotate jpeg thumbnails (bug #6730).
- Plug small leak.
- Don't use collate to check strings.
- Release lifecycle manager during early exit.
- Don't abort with warnings in debug mode.
- Clear 2.32 mutex memory leak.
- Drop unneeded vfs schemes.
- Work with an array to store the strings.
- Don't use GString for a simple concat.
- Make registry dump a bit smaller.
- Don't use deprecated glib 2.32 API.
- Rotate pixbuf loader images (bug #6730).
- Translation updates: Arabic, Spanish (Castilian), Icelandic,
Korean, Dutch (Flemish), Serbian, Uyghur.
More information about the Xfce-announce