making the xfce 4 panel and thunar accessible with the orca screen reader

Nick Schermer nick at xfce.org
Tue Aug 13 18:14:23 CEST 2013

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 12:11 AM, Jonathan Nadeau <j.nadeau at charter.net> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have a couple of people I'm working with to get the thunar file manager
> and the xfce4 panel accessible to the Orca screen reader. My question is how
> should I go about submitting some code and patches to see if our fixes work
> and then how to push the patch upstream? One of the guys on my team and I
> have sent Nick emails directly and haven't heard back from him. I guessing
> he isn't in charge of accessibility. Could someone give us an idea of how to
> start working on the code? Thanks

Nick is just busy from time to time and then ignores email.

Best is to open bugs for the issues with the patches attached (use git
am to extract patches). And then possible point to those patches on
this mailing list and ask for testers, maybe also xfce4-dev. If the
code good (and is a lot of individual patches) we can discuss working
in a git branch.

Nick