What is orca in xfce?

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Tue Jan 17 22:16:04 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm a bit worry about Orca in gnome3, especially due to gnome3
evolutions and slow progress in a11y, in particular related to at-spi2.
I especially am worry if Debian freezes, as the next stable with gnome3
will not be accessible. I wonder if xfce cannot be a good alternate.
Debian packaged 4.8; I guess a11y mentioned on the wiki is for 4.10.
Where's this project now? What's its progress? How can I do tests? With
4.8, would it work? When will 4.10 be released and will be accessible?
Is orca 3.2 compatible with xfce?

If I can help testing, don't hesitate, I'm ready to try. I'm working on
xfce with orca to see how I can work. But didn't find any solution so
far.

Best regards,

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL