Thunar Read Focused Item with Orca

Storm Dragon stormdragon2976 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 21:35:12 CET 2012

Hi,
I'm currently using Thunar 1.6.2. The icon view and compact list views both work with a little effort. In order to get the currently selected item to read with Orca you have to tab away from the list, then tab back. It always reports the item as not selected, which is probably why Orca isn't reading it automatically. The desktop and pannel are still not reading at all. The pannel, once clicked (right clicked) I think does read, and all the applets that I have tested do work, but not the pannel itself, meaning I have to have someone who can see to click it for me to work with it at all. I was just wondering when fixes for this stuff will be coming? I'm still trying to solve the problems that won't let me build the desktop from git, so I am a bit behind the latest release, but not too far I don't think.
Thanks for all the hard work that goes into making XFCE accessible. After using it for a while, I have to say XFCE is the best, even with its current accessibility bugs, I can't wait to use it to its full potential :)
thanks
Storm
--
Registered Linux user number 508465: https://linuxcounter.net/user/508465.html