[Xfc-dev] Getting started with development, helping out the project

Zsolt Peter Basak shiki.biomernok at gmail.com
Mon May 14 09:52:49 CEST 2012

Dear XFCE mailing list subscribers!

I have decided to help out the project, as I want to gather more
experience, and want to make XFCE better. First, I'm pretty sure that
one can't just jump into the middle of coding, there is a road to
that. The first thing I've done after checking the website, was
looking through the "Getting Involved" information. Sadly, the
development and bug fixing part is pretty short, not that informative.

So I would like to ask you. How could I start helping out the project?
Like sorting out bugs, reviewing them, mark them for review/close, and
so on.

ps.: One may ask, why XFCE. To be honest, I see no point in the Gnome
development "strategy", nor in KDE's bloat. Razor-Qt and LXDE are two
good candidates for a good desktop, but both are pretty much dead, at
least if you look at the projects code/repositories as an outsider.
(Which is kinda sad actually, given how much work PCManFM put into his
project.)

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
(john- on IRC)