[Xfc-dev] XFCE Foundation Classes alive ??

Krister Alm krister.alm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 21:12:56 CEST 2010

Hi,
I have spent some time trying to learn XFC and I really like it so far.
Now I have upgraded to XUbuntu 10.10 and can't find any of the
libraries in the Synaptic any more.
Is this a dead project ??

I was planing on creating a KDevelop alike program but using XFC
instead of relying on KDE and Qt since I really would like to have
that slim system.

Are there any progress at all or is it ok if I look into it to see if I can
contribute to it?
Any information would be helpful.

I don't have so much free time but would like to use it to help out
as much as I can. I'm a C++ freak and don't really like the C syntax.

However I did some tests and created cmake scripts to aid in the
program building since I right now feel I'm stuck with KDevelop and
that program uses CMake.

 From the site I can see the source package xfc-4.3.2.tar.gz, is this
the last available or is there anything newer ?

I tried the debian .deb packages but failed to install libxfcui since it
seems to have dependencies upon itself and thus cant be installed.

Looking forward to hear anything from anyone of you.
/Krister