[Xfc-dev] Debian build

Sylvain Vedrenne gnu_sylvain at xfce.org
Sat Apr 7 19:51:37 CEST 2007

Bo Lorentsen wrote:
> Hi ...
>
> I have been cleaning up and build a set of debian packages for the XFC
> library, to prepare for future extensions to the library.
>
> I have only tested these on a debian testing installation, and they are
> not signed, but all the debian stuff is in my local subversion branch.
>
> To easily install on debian (and I hope ubuntu too) add the following
> line to your /etc/apt/sources.list :
>
> deb http://lue.dk/debian/ ./
>
> and do the apt-get dance :-)
>
> Hope this will make it more easy to check out the XFC lib and see the
> demo Jeff made.
>
> /BL

Hi Bo,

That's great you're working on Xfc(++) and are preparing .deb packages!
So,
   - I updated my Debian (# apt-get dist-upgrade), then:
   - I removed my /usr/local installation of Xfc, then:
   - I attempted to install Xfc using the .deb repository you indicated.
But it failed :o(

Note that my Debian is pointing to the etch repository (same as
'testing' at the moment).

Here is how it failed:

tanuki:/home/sylvain# echo `apt-cache search libxfc | sed "s/ - .*//"`
libxfce4mcs-client3 libxfce4mcs-dev libxfce4mcs-manager3
libxfce4util-dev libxfce4util4 libxfcegui4-4 libxfcegui4-dev libxfc-doc
libxfccore libxfccore-dev libxfcglade libxfcglade-dev libxfcsourceview
libxfcsourceview-dev libxfcui libxfcui-dev
tanuki:/home/sylvain#
tanuki:/home/sylvain#
tanuki:/home/sylvain# apt-get install `apt-cache search libxfc | sed "s/
- .*//"`
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
libxfce4mcs-client3 is already the newest version.
libxfce4mcs-dev is already the newest version.
libxfce4mcs-manager3 is already the newest version.
libxfce4util-dev is already the newest version.
libxfce4util4 is already the newest version.
libxfcegui4-4 is already the newest version.
libxfcegui4-dev is already the newest version.
or been moved out of Incoming.

   libxfcglade: Depends: libatk1.0-0 (>= 1.13.2) but 1.12.4-3 is to be
installed
                Depends: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.10.3) but 2.8.20-7 is to be
installed
   libxfcsourceview: Depends: libatk1.0-0 (>= 1.13.2) but 1.12.4-3 is to
be installed
                     Depends: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.10.3) but 2.8.20-7 is to
be installed
   libxfcui: Depends: libatk1.0-0 (>= 1.13.2) but 1.12.4-3 is to be
installed
             Depends: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.10.3) but 2.8.20-7 is to be
installed
E: Broken packages
tanuki:/home/sylvain#

Please help...