[Xfc-dev] Status of Xfc

Bo Lorentsen bl at lue.dk
Mon Nov 27 19:03:56 CET 2006

Auke Kok wrote:

> xfc is currently hosted on the xfce server, so SVN is already setup and available for
> people who want to maintain and develop it.
I have quested that and this sounds really nice.

> Currently nobody has volunteered to do this, but I and other Xfce developers will apply
> your patches to the xfc SVN tree if requested - so feel free to start working on it and
> send patches to this list.
Ok, very assuring ... are there any existing bug list ?

> trac has a bad track record and nearly crashed the xfce server twice, so we don't allow
> it on the Xfce server. It's not really needed anyway - we already have bugzilla and Xfc
> should be on there (me or kelnos needs to add it there).
I have tried to avoid bugzilla for some time now, but I guess I have to
give in now :-) Sorry to hear about your bad experience with trac, it is
just so nice and complete to work with.

If you are not using trac, are there any plan for a wiki thing at the
xfce site ?

> In short: you do the work, we get you the resources you need. Even though Jeff formerly
> "owned" the project, that does not mean that we can't change it ;)
Ok, that is nice to hear.

/BL