[Xfc-dev] Why XFC should be revived ...

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Thu May 11 19:07:29 CEST 2006

It would be a pity in more ways than one.

I hope Jeff is okay. He wouldn't be the first developer to take a long
break, if that's what it came to, and if it's more dire, I'm rooting
for him, whatever the trouble

On 5/11/06, Xavier Otazu <xotazu at cvc.uab.es> wrote:

>         ... and a reason why Jeff should return to maintain XFC:
>
> http://www.murrayc.com/blog/permalink/2006/05/11/gtkmm-code-size/
> (you may find this post also on Planet Gnome)
>

>         They complian about the overhead that virtual methods introduce
> into gtkmm class hierarchy. Jeff solved it in XFC.
>
>         ... what a pity if XFC is abandoned ... :-(
>
> Xavier

Erik

"If Beethoven had been killed in a plane crash at the age of 22, it
would have changed the history of music... and of aviation."