[Xfc-dev] Project plans 2007

Sriram Durbha sriram.durbha at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 06:45:51 CET 2006

my suggestion : making XFC one single entity .
instead of having to download twoor three different pieces and compiling
them, it woul dbe much better if it were like Qt, just one source ball to
get and build.
this would help immensely to attract more people to try it.
it is easy for us to say    "c'mon if you want to develop software, cant you
put up with one or two additional downloads? this is what you will be doing
a lot of any way!!"
But the fact is that beginners prefer to focus their attention on learning
to use the library to get their simple apps done.  Once they are
comfortable, they can move to other things.. including complex builds with
active dependency tracking.
cheers
ram