[Xfc-dev] expecting Help and want to contribute

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Fri Apr 7 19:16:05 CEST 2006

sachin Tawniya schreef:
> Hi,
>
>    My self Sachin Tawniya, Soft Eng. in reputed
> organization and contributing for Open Source.
>
> I worked so far with Xandros OS  (prior name Corel
> Linux).
>
> I want to contribute to XFCE. I am planning to work
> and enhance the looking of XFCE-Panel. I got source
> code but not able to figure out it properly.
>
> Can u pls suggest me from where should I start to
> study the code and what is the way to contribute. I
> allready subscribed to mailing list.

It's the wrong mailing list I'm afraid ;-)

XFC are the C++ bindings to Gtk+ (and friends) and Xfce libraries.

The Xfce desktop environment is something else. The use mailing list is
xfce at xfce.org and the development is discussed on xfce4-dev at xfce.org.

The way to start contrinuting to Xfce, and probably any other open
project, is to start using it, join discussions on the mailing lists let
us know about your ideas.

	Jasper