[Xfc-dev] xfc-demo crahses at Stock Item and Icon Browser (was Re: ANNOUNCE: XFC 4.3.1)

Daichi Kawahata daichi.k at aioros.ocn.ne.jp
Sun Jun 19 05:09:53 CEST 2005

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 02:32:40 +1000
Jeff Franks wrote:

> did you compile with --disable debug. By default debug symbols are
> included so xfc-demo should be about 3.1 mbytes, and not stripped.

The problem is, I've never disabled debug flag and stripped these
debug symbols off, it can be considered strange GCC 4.0.0 behaviour
on IRIX ...

    $ ls -lh xfc-demo
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     sys          4.7M Jun 18 15:40 xfc-demo

    $ /bin/file xfc-demo
    xfc-demo:       ELF N32 MSB mips-3 dynamic executable (not stripped) \
                      MIPS - version 1

If I could update GDB >= 6.0, it might succeed GDB (run-time) debugging,
but once I was told by Stallman that these GDB doesn't support IRIX,
so I'll try GCC 3.4.x compilation someday, thanks.

Regards,
--
Daichi