[Xfc-dev] xfc-demo crahses at Stock Item and Icon Browser (was Re: ANNOUNCE: XFC 4.3.1)

Jeff Franks jcfranks at tpg.com.au
Sat Jun 18 18:32:40 CEST 2005

Daichi Kawahata wrote:

>On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 20:49:39 +1000
>Jeff Franks wrote:
>

>>I will have to have a think about this. Is there a longer log or is
>>the one you sent it. I know I didn't take null string values into
>>account because g_strdup() handles null values without error.
>>

>When I tried to run-time debug, I received
>
>    $ dbx /usr/local/bin/xfc-demo
>    dbx version 7.3.1 68542_Oct26 MR Oct 26 2000 17:50:34
>    *STRIPPED* Executable /usr/local/bin/xfc-demo
>    (dbx) run
>    Client I/O fault: Read failed: Broken pipe
>    The debugger server has apparently terminated for some reason.
>    You will have to restart your debugging session.

did you compile with --disable debug. By default debug symbols are
included so xfc-demo should be about 3.1 mbytes, and not stripped.

>So I've decided testing by using separated code, but it brings
>
>    ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "main" -- \
>      1st referenced by /usr/lib32/mips3/crt1.o.

This test will never work there is no main function. xfc-demo is a bit
complicated so you wont be able to separate out stock_browser.cc easily.
Why no remove your XFC installation and reinstall with --enable-debug
(which should be the default) so you can debug xfc-demo.

Jeff