[Xfc-dev] xfc questions

Jeff Franks jcfranks at tpg.com.au
Fri Aug 19 17:48:41 CEST 2005

Xavier Otazu wrote:

> [snip]
>
>>	Excuse me, in my last e-mail I didn't tell it right.
>>
>>	I define a button (a MEDIA_PLAY from Gtk stock) using glade. I
>>"import" it in my code using the Xfc::Glade xml object as you tell in
>>your tutorials and it works fine. Hence, I do not explicitly use the
>>constructors.
>>
>>	The problem appears when I want to change the button image from
>>MEDIA_PLAY to MEDIA_PAUSE. I use the set_image() method, but as you
>>tell in the tutorial it is mandatory to previously define the label for
>>the button.

Where do I say this exactly... it sounds wrong. You don't have to define
a label. If your using Glade you should be able to delete the default
label for the button you add, leaving the label entry box empty. Then
the label proerty wont be set and the lable widget wont be created when
libglade creates the button widget.

Jeff.