[Thunar-dev] moving thunar to gtk3

Alex acs82 at gmx.de
Thu Apr 13 23:47:09 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I would like to start work on moving thunar to gtk3. However I have some
very basic questions:

I dont have an account for git.xfce.org yet.

Should I get an account first to be able to generate a branch there?

Or is it as well fine for you if I fork & provide the result on e.g.
github ?

Regarding the right codebase:

Should I branch the master of git://git.xfce.org/xfce/thunar ?

Or should I use some of the (real old) work in process repos as base,
which are suggested here: https://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.14/roadmap/thunar ?

[Thunar] Gtk3 porting - preparation step
<https://mail.xfce.org/pipermail/xfce4-dev/2017-March/031867.html>
/VladimĂ­r Chren //
--> looks like these patches are not merged into master yet ?

Thanks & Cheers,
Alex
/