[Thunar-dev] thunar incorrect sorting order

owlet bw bw.owlet at rambler.ru
Mon Jun 25 19:25:01 CEST 2012

Hello, thunar community.

I have installed the latest version of thunar (1.4.0), and it incorrectly sorts
contents of my folders. I can not even understand the way thunar sorts content of
any folder.

The "sorting order" by name in one directory is following (ascending):

* cyrillic upper letters,

* hidden (dot) files,

* digits,

* lower cyrillic letters,

* english lower letters,

* again cyrillic lower letters,

* english lower and upper letters (together) insensetive to case.

The "sorting order" by name in another directory is following (ascending):

* cyrillic upper letters,

* digits,

* cyrillic lower letters,

* again digits,

* again cyrillic lower letters,

* english lower letters,

* and again cyrillic lower letters.

What happened to thunar? Why such an "improvement"?