[Thunar-dev] Can thunar auto-close a window when the directory disappears?

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Mon Jul 16 04:41:03 CEST 2012

Hi,
 I often plug in, then un-plug, usb/SD etc storage devices.

 When I plug them in, a new thunar window appears which is good and useful.
 When I unplug them, the window doesn't disappear but rather changes to
 display the parent (/media).
 Doing this several times results in a growing collection of windows which
 just get in my way.  Obviously I can close them but that is just another
 action required that disrupts my workflow.

 Is it possible to tell thunar to close the window when the directory
 disappears?

 If a code change is required I'm happy to try making it myself (I've spent a
 little while exploring the code, but haven't tried building it yet).
 I've found 'thunar_list_model_folder_destroy' which I think is called when
 the folder is deleted - can I add something there to destroy the window?

Thanks,
NeilBrown