[Thunar-dev] Custom Action Icons Missing

akovia akovia1 at eml.cc
Fri Jul 13 23:39:07 CEST 2012

Hi,
I just set up a second xubuntu machine with the latest Precise. I
copied my uca.xml from my Lucid machine so I wouldn't have to
re-write all my custom actions. The problem I am having is that
the custom icons I had set do not show up on the R-Click menu any
longer. I am using my own supplied icons (pngs, svg, jpg),
located in a folder in my home directory.

When I am setting the icon to use by clicking the "no icon"
button, I scroll down to the "Image Files" and then select the
one I want from my directory. This all works fine and it even
shows up in the "Edit Action" dialog, but does not show in the
R-Click menu. I either get a stock icon of a circle with a line
through it, or nothing at all.

I did copy one of my own icons to the
/usr/share/app-install/icons/ and selected it, and all works fine
that way. I just don't understand why it won't accept any icons
from within my home directory like it does on my Lucid machine.

Any help would really extremely appreciated.
--
  akovia
  akovia1 at eml.cc

  http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html